Create Safe Shades with Ring Locks by Safe T Shade
The New Ring Lock goes on each ring to prevent lift cord from being pulled too far out and forming a hazardous loop. The Ring Lock takes the cost of cording a shade back down toward the very low cost it was 2 years ago behind: a single 1.4mm cord, NO MORE multiple shrouded or ladder cords, Ring Locks and only Two minutes labor.
Width: 3/8″ Length: 7/8″ Depth: 3/8″ Get Complete Instructions Now!
Ring Locks can now be purchased at HomeSewingDepot.com
PUT CHILD SAFETY ON THE “TO-DO” LIST THIS SPRING
There’s more to spring cleaning than sprucing up
Amidst the dusting and scrubbing of spring cleaning this year, it is imperative for parents and caregivers to check their home for any lurking household dangers. The Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) is reminding families to check their window coverings for exposed or dangling cords that can pose a strangulation hazard to infants and young children.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), corded window coverings are one of the top five hidden hazards in American homes. Spring cleaning presents parents and caregivers with as good time as any to install new window coverings and to retrofit or replace old ones with today’s safer products. Installing only cordless window coverings in a home with young children is the best way to prevent any accidents from occurring.While undertaking standard spring cleaning chores and regular home maintenance, keep in mind that there are other potential household hazards to children that should not be overlooked:
- Secure all bookcases, shelving and heavy furniture. Place the heaviest items on lower shelves and in bottom drawers.
- Many houseplants can be poisonous, and flowerpots can cause injury if they tip over. Be sure to double check that your plants are safe and that planters are out of reach of little hands.
- Safely store harmful house cleaners and detergents out of the reach of children and in securely fastened child-proofed cabinets.
- Keep children away from areas you are cleaning and open windows to ventilate the room.
- Install only cordless window coverings in homes with young children. For more info
You can retro fit all your shades with Ring Locks by Safe T Shade approved parts.